Friday, February 13, 2015

Decorating with a touch of Red

You all know that I am a fan of color. There really isn't a color that I don't like. Red use to be my favorite color. In our first home I even painted our master bathroom red. Like...red red. It took about four coats of paint and four people painting around doors, windows, tubs, etc.! I have learned over the years that in order to really enjoy color you have to interject it into your home little by little. Painting four walls red is quite a commitment and one I wasn't too pleased with after two years.

I truly feel that you get more of an impact when most of a space is neutral while adding color in accessories, accent walls or a piece of furniture. It creates a more cohesive/pulled together look.

Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow, I have pulled together some of my favorite spaces that showcase that "right amount" of red. You can take this same concept and integrate it with any bold color of your choice.



























So do you like decorating with red? Are you an all out bold Diva or a conservative lady when it comes to adding color to your home?



Have a lovely weekend! Hope you feel loved and appreciated on this Valentine's weekend.
XOXO





2 comments:

  1. The kids bunk room is adorable! So something I would love to do some day for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with simply LKJ. That bunk room was my favorite. I love the garbage cans!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews