Friday, December 12, 2014

Ladies Craft Night {3 Holiday DIY's}

Well Happy Friday to you all! I wanted to get this post done earlier this week, but if you all follow me on Instagram, you know that we have had some exciting things going on around here! We found out this week the gender of our twins. We couldn't feel more blessed that we are going to have one of each! Eeek! So excited. So lots of doctors appointments ate into my blogging time. But, I think that is a pretty good excuse, don't you?

Last Friday night I had a Holiday craft night with some of my dearest, closest friends. I set out some hors d'ourves and drinks and then we chatted and crafted the night away.








Holiday DIY #1: Book page Potted Trees


I absolutely love how these turned out. They were fairly simple.

Supplies:

*Old Books (found at local thrift store)
*Small Terracotta pots
*Styrofoam balls
*Skewers
*Moss
*Scissors
*Hot Glue Gun
Optional:
-Paint for pots
-Paint Brushes
-Paper or stickers for top of trees

Because we had three projects to complete that night, I made templates for cutting the book pages starting with 4" all the way down to 1 1/2" descending in 1/2" increments.


Of course I don't have pictures on how we assembled the trees. I was talking too much! But, you can probably figure it out. We started with using the templates cutting about 20 pages of each size. Then we picked what moss we wanted (I had options) and hot glued the styrofoam ball to the pot as well as the moss to the top of the styrofoam ball. Next, we pushed the skewer into the center of the ball and started stacking our book pages on top. Starting with 4" all the way down to 1/2". We alternated the pages turning them every couple to create a textured look.

Some friends decided to paint some gold trim on their pot. Some even decided to start with 3 1/2" template making for a skinnier tree. The possibilities are endless I tell ya! 






Holiday DIY #2: Christmas Tags


This was a great craft where everyone could be creative and do their own thing. I placed out lots of supplies like: washi tape, glue, buttons, stickers, glitter, ribbon, makers, chalk pens, etc. I also cut different color and size tags with my Silhouette. If you don't have a cutting machine, you could always pick up some pre-cut tags from Jo-Ann's or Michaels....and don't forget to use your coupons!







Holiday DIY 3#: Sugar Hand Scrub


This little craft was so easy and only takes two ingredients! Sugar & Soap!


Supplies Needed:
*Sugar
*Dawn (Pink) Dish Soap with Hand Renewal
*Jelly Jars
*Spoon
*Label (optional)


First, fill your jar about 2/3rds full with sugar. Next, squeeze your soap to fill the rest of the space to just below the lip of the jar.



Lastly, Stir the two ingredients together. Mix well. I had to add just a touch more sugar to mine to make it a bit more like a paste. That's It!!

Some friends added a little coconut oil to the mix. You could probably also add an essential oil, but is not needed. It smells magnificent anyway and really makes your hands nice and soft. A Must Try!


A great little neighbor or hostess gift and doesn't take any time at all!


We really had a wonderful time socializing all together. I can't believe I didn't even get a picture of my beautiful friends. Oh well...there is always next year!

So what do you all think? Are these DIY's you would like to try?

Have a wonderful weekend! I will have my holiday home tour up for you next week...right after I finish my shopping. Yikes!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on one of each. The best of both worlds huh? Loved all the DIY festive fun. I will have to do these fun gift tags! Love them!
    Sydney
    http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney! Yes, we had a blast with our DIY's and the tags were so simple. Best of luck getting your holiday wrapping finished!

      Delete
  2. Love Love Love!
    Sydney
    http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! i wish i could've been there to make these with you girls - we need to live closer, darnit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You do need to live closer. You would have loved making these simple crafts. Miss you!

      Delete
  4. What fun! And, loved the IG picture of the baby shoes. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! We had a wonderful time. And...yes, we are only a bit excited about our news! HA!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews