Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Our Christmas Mantel 2013

I have been a busy bee around here trying to get the last minute holiday decorating finished! I am usually done by now, but have been taking my sweet time enjoying little DIY projects here and there. I am trying to savor every minute and keep December from flying by.



Today I am happy to share my simple Christmas mantel with all of you. Each year I do something a little different to change it up a bit. Last year's mantel was a bit more traditional with magnolia leaves and bows. This year I have added some color and gold! I made the gold glittered letter for each of our stockings and added a little greenery and velvet ribbon to add some contrast against the plain stocking.



I am still in love with my Oh Holy Night sign designed by Kate's Letters. She did such an amazing job! It has become one of my favorite Christmas decorations.



The felted ball garland was a DIY from a couple of years ago. These little guys have made their rounds from room to room over the years. I bought the balls from Ornamentea in Raleigh. They have so many neat colors. I am tempted to make one of these in different colors for the nursery!



Can you tell I am going for a bit more simplicity this year? Something about de-cluttering and using just a few items that you love really creates a relaxed atmosphere!









You might have noticed that I brought my striped ottoman down from the master closet. It needed a little time to shine and I think it is a perfect spot to show it off! 



These adorable gold and white gift boxes are from HomeGoods. I couldn't resist!!







So now that it is cold enough to use the fireplace here in NC, I am happy to turn it on and enjoy looking at this years sweet and simple Christmas mantel.

How about all of you...do you have a mantel or sideboard that you decorate for the holidays? How did you decorate this year?...any creative ideas for all of us!?



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Amy! The perfect blend of simplicity, color and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Now come do my mantle! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! If you lived closer I would be right there!!

      Delete
  3. looks gorgeous and luxe amy! i still can't get over the ottoman - it's my favorite diy of yours to date.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews