Friday, March 8, 2013

{Readers Space} Organized Laundry Room

After last weeks post on my two reader's spaces, I received lots of great feedback. It seems that you all like to see real life, not just pretty magazine pictures! I totally agree!

Today one of my reader's, Karen, is totally keeping it real with all of us. Wait till you see the transformation of her basement laundry room. 

Hi Amy,
Saw your before and after laundry room pics and thought I'd send mine along to you. The decluttering and organizing was long overdue! I got rid of tons of unnecessary products and donated them to a local shelter. The fabric bins are from HomeGoods, the wire shelving was a freebie from a friend that was getting rid of them, and the bright canary yellow paint was used to pick up on the colors from a print given to me from a friend who visited Belize. The flea market duck holds my stain removal products. The glass jar is quickly filling up from all the coins found in the bottom of the washer! Hmmm someone didn't check their pockets!
-Karen


Are you ready? Here are a couple before pics:




Seriously...how many of us throw whatever in the laundry room and shut the door before guests arrive!? Well I did too until I organized my laundry closet


Now wait until you see the after pics:


Um...hello! Or should I say Yellow!! Doesn't the color really brighten up the space and make it feel like a wonderful place to do laundry? I really love how you can freshen up a space with paint. The wire shelves are pretty great too!


I keep telling you all that baskets and bins are a girls best friend! These are so functional and Karen even followed my lead and created labels so she doesn't have to pull each bin down to find out what is inside! Love it!




Her adorable little window ledge holds her necessities and also the painting from where she grabbed some paint inspiration! Artwork is always a great jumping off point for any space. 







Well I am impressed...aren't you? She did all of this on a small budget with only small expenses like bins and paint! What are you all going to organize this weekend?


And of course....a BEFORE & AFTER!



Thanks Karen for sharing your progress! I am sure you have just inspired someone else to run to HomeGoods!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! It is suppose to be 70 degrees here Sunday...time to play outside!



6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic do over! I still have to do my laundry closet, and then the linen closet. That one I'm dreading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those closets are a bit of a pain...but I promise they will be worth it in the end! I gave so much away that I didn't need!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Now that is a great transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you purchase your bins? love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews