Monday, November 26, 2012

Our SC Vacation {Charleston & Savannah}

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are back in action today after a wonderful week in Hilton Head, SC. What a beautiful place! This was the first Thanksgiving since we have been married (2005) that we haven't cooked Thanksgiving Dinner in our own home.
We stayed at a condo with my in-laws which was right on the golf course and close to all sorts of bike trails. My mother-in law and I enjoyed some thrifting at the local shops and the boys played golf each day. The beach was also only a couple minutes away. So we got to enjoy a little sunshine too!



Hilton Head is about 2 hours from Charleston, so we were able to enjoy a day in the old historic town. 

There is so much history and beautiful architecture there. I could spend weeks just walking up and down the streets and peeking through the windows! Too bad no one invited me into these beauties!








We ate at one of the most delicious places: Amen Street 



Fabulous Calamari, White beet salad and...... Pumpkin Pie Creme brulee!! 








We also got to enjoy a day in Savannah which is only about a 40 minute drive from Hilton Head. This was my first time experiencing the magnificent Live Oaks and walking the streets of the old haunted city. 



My Sister-in law even got to join us for the day!


I wouldn't have minded if someone offered me a tour of their fabulous home! Sadly they did not.








Another city of amazing iron work and architecture!
















It was such a wonderful trip with my in-laws. We enjoyed the relaxation, sight seeing, shopping and of course the eating! How did you all spend your Thanksgiving this year?

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews