Sunday, November 6, 2011

We're Back! {Blowing Rock Vaca}

Hello all you lovely people! I took a little blog break and went to the mountains for a few days with the hubby! It was a much needed vacation after a lot of transition in the business world over the past couple of months.

These are the gorgeous views that we saw throughout the week!

The Hubs got me a week in Blowing Rock, NC for my 30th birthday! It was so wonderful! We stayed in this cozy little cabin. How cute is this place?






 It was sunny and in the 50's the whole week. It was just perfect weather to be outside. We picked a new trail each day to hike on. Absolutely amazing views!





The town of Blowing Rock only has about 1500 residents. What a cute and quaint little place! Everyone was so very friendly!

Of course I did some shopping while I was there. I found some fantastic little shops full of Christmas present goodies!
Celeste's had some high end clothing as well as jewelry, shoes and some home decor.


I loved these Ikat pillows with pom pom trim.


How cute is the changing area? These little settees are just adorable.



There were also lots of great antique stores right on Main Street. I found some great items, but they were all a little out of my price range!


I wanted to take this horse head home!


So many fabulous antique paintings!



I so wanted to buy these old flour and potato sacks. They would have made some great pillows however, they were like $49 a piece! YIKES!

Huge antiqued mirror. Great for an entryway or hallway!

I loved the curves on this little mirrored top beauty!


Neaco's was a great home decor shop! So funky! There was so much to look at I could have stayed for hours!


So many different reed vases! Would be neat in a summer home or cottage!


I was intrigued with these caged pendant lights. I also thought the circular wood art in the background would be a neat DIY project!



Well....... we are home and I am ready for a full week of awesome home decor projects and inspiration! Hope you enjoyed your extra hour of sleep today!


1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love Blowing Rock!? I went to school at Appalachian...which is right up the mountain...it's such a sweet and fun area! Glad you guys had a great trip! Sometimes you just need to get away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews