Monday, August 29, 2011

DIY Weekend Project- Paint Chip Artwork

I am really working on some great projects around the home. I can’t wait to share all of them with you. Unfortunately, I only finished one small project this weekend. Just not enough hours in a day! Can I get an Amen!!??


I decided I needed some new and interesting artwork around the home, but the challenge is that there isn’t much mooh-la in the budget. So…… I went to Pinterest for some great inspiration.

Branches in a garage sale frame—great #diy artwork. Framed Branches

   DIY chevron artwork... Chevron Painted Canvas

 key artwork  -diy Framed Vintage Keys

DIY: Wood Artwork Painted Wood Planks

 diy canvas artwork More Painted Canvas

 DIY paint chip art Framed Paint Chips


These were all great DIY art ideas on a small budget. I decided to try the Paint Chip Artwork. I loved how you can bring so much color into a room for very CHEAP!

paint chip wall art

diy paint chip art

paint chip art

Paint chip art.


First, I gathered up some Green paint chips at Home Depot for the guest room. They were very large, but I knew I could make them work! Then, I went to Restoration Hardware and picked out some great blue and gray paint chips for my master bedroom.




Next, I started organizing the colors shades from light to dark. I began placing them in a pattern and tried out different ways to arrange the paint chips.





Then, I started taping them together with just plain old scotch tape. Once they were all together, I glued them down to a hard piece of cardstock.



Finally, I put them into frames that I found around the house.



AND.......




PRESTO!.......








(Sorry about the reflections!)



This project cost me $0! I sure did pretty well on my budget…didn’t I? The Hubs will be so pumped!
Can’t wait to hear about the projects you are all working on! Stay tuned for some great projects coming up this week!

2 comments:

  1. Ombre is so 'IN", I love your color gradient paint chip art!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews